duminică, 9 iulie 2017

Adventure Time (Edited)

From the first time I put foot in Bucharest a lot of things happened to me. Starting from the beginning I had a 20 kilo troller of clothes and stuff with me and trying to carry it made me lose my right shoe in the middle of the street. Jumping in one foot with the luggage and people laughing at me was quite a sight. Afterwards the first night at a private baptist students dormitory was quite funny me with a tattoo in a place with very religious people and bells ringing each saturday and sunday morning. However me and roomie are allowed to stay here only until the end of september because we're not students anymore, she's working too. Either way we'll want to rent an apartment closer to our work so I won't have to change two buses and twi subways to get there lol. One fridge that doesn't work and messy wc it's not really a pleasant stay too. However, I had interviews each day from wednesday to friday but two of them were at global city business centre in bucharest, there are two very big building there I had an interview on each one at different days of course which was kind of funny. However I met a recruitor on thursday from a different company somewhere in the centre of bucharest and I liked it. I was quite thrilled about it that I went to rent a bike in Herastrau park afterwarda. There I lost my phone and so the drama begins. We have no router and internet the only internet I have is the one from my phone, mobile data one which consumes my battery in like two hours. :)) however you understand my panick without a phone here you are lost and you can't to anything anymore. Even through jobs you are applying on your mobile and you expect calls and stuff so very important. I lost it on thrusday I had to get back on the other side of Bucharest where I'm living right now without google maps and trying not to get on the wrong subway and bus because it's quite a very big city. I went back to the dormitory somehow after an hour or so waiting for my colleague to finish work. My colleagues and parents tried to reach me, called me etc., of course I couldn't answer I had no phone. They found me very late after searching for me in the city, kind of alerted everyone on that day. I called Orange suspended my phone number as my parents told me to try on friday next day to buy another very cheap phone with the same number just so I could be called for interviews and stuff. That evening, very late checking my mails from my roomies phone I find an email from that recruitor telling me that a woman named Coca from Turda called her that day telling her that she found my phone in Herastrau park and gave me her number to get it back. She told me that I had there the business card from where I went to interview and that's how she could get to call the firm and get to me because the phone also had no battery left and was shut  because yes I needed internet and google maps. :)) I was shocked, couldn't believe it, my number was already suspended. So I asked my roomie to go meet the lady after work because I had an interview in the afternoon at global city again, another building and firm. Called my parents told them I'll get my phone back. I bought another sim card with the same number because I thought orange suspended it like I asked them to. I never liked those people from Orange, they're always trying to steal more money from you with their very expensive  mobile subscription services so as panickrd as I was now I have a   them for 6 months, great. Afterwards I'll switch with Vodafone. If I won't be broke by the time I get my  paycheck it'll be a miracle. However, I went to the interview that day with  no kind of watch or clock on , I asked in the shops nearby what time it is and I stayed 4 hours in the sun having no time or anything like that. They were late as they apologised later for the delay. :))) the interview was great, the girls from reception loved me always smiling, went straight back home found my phone my roomie brought it back to me, her birthday was that day too it also had the  buses and subways tickets because yes I lost that too, another money thrown on another tickets. That lady gave it back intact with all my stuff there. She didn't even accept a reward or something telling her she also has nephews. I couldn't believe it, I thought it was going to be sold or smth. My number was also intact, it wasn't suspendin, great but that sim card and subscription, I'm stuck with it.  I was called the next day like today to come again there to meet the ceo and talk about that job from friday, initially I thought they'll call me on monday but they changed their mind lol. Had to take the taxi to voluntari that's where it is GCBP because saturday and no buses . A woman tried to steal my taxi, I pushed her aside I was quite angry this is very important to me not your bar you want to go, take your own taxi, the taxi driver laughed and gave me the change saying that I'm quite determined and funny lol. I've met the ceo after he finished his meeting in a pair of sandals that were ripped apart like literally, very  cheap  and I was like trying to hide them behind the table so he won't see it. He was very chill and told me straight away  I can start anytime  he's looking for more people to start a very cool  project  and that after a year or so after he gets all the people if I like it there I can be the project manager only if I  want to, I thought he was joking as I went there to be a receptionist as  this is what I worked for 8 months like a slave for almost no money :)))) of course it will be very stressful we're talking about 400+ people I'll be working with and I was looking like you're really not joking like it's this a dream, somebody please pinch me. He also said something about being that person who helps people rent or buy luxurious apartments. However there are many departments like marketing, management or dunno, many options. It was a complete silence and a very formal shake of hand at the end and a ok now you can call your parents to tell them everything is fine you have a job. Welcome to the reality kid. The firm is altex so you know their products. I have a feeling that I'll like it either  no matter what I'll do, at least for some longer time. I went to  buy myself some shoes from deichman because I really have no shoes besides sandals and sportswear. I was the only one on that gcbp bus because I found out there actually were some buses that day but one every hour or so on saturday  the driver was starting to ask me stupid question like what I was doing there all alone in that building etc. Why can't people just mind their own business? I'll never understand this. I didn't accept his one week free and I wanted to start right away from monday because I really like those offices on the 10th floor. I'll be  working with some very cool people, many starting their own lives from zero just like me. It was quite an adventure and the really hard work only now begins. I know it sounds like a comedy movie with all these obstacles in  life  but this is exactly everything that happened.I'm writing  from my phone and auto correct pisses me off. My parents told me to be careful and watch my health as I am quite careless with it and to not push myself too much.
PS: My roomie is talking in her sleep, I think she's still stressed after our first failed attempt to rent something. :))))And I missed neversea and some days at the seaside, damn it.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu